This latest bag has been a true challenge for me. I started it before Christmas last year and was determined to finish it. But I was not expecting the amount of time and energy it would take for every single row.
I first saw this pattern here through Ravelry and fell in love with the chevrons. The technique described on how to get the chevron look was new to me. So I did my homework on how best to do a “tapestry crochet“. Here is the original tote and a link to Yogahound’s Blog. You’ve probably seen it floating around on Pinterest.
I followed the graphed pattern for the chevrons provided in the original pattern. It was simple but very time-consuming and almost tedious at times. This is definitely a good WIP project to pick up every now and then.
This is how this project sat for several weeks. Almost mocking me…. haunting me with the fact it was unfinished for so long.
The other day I tackled it once again and didn’t put it down until it was done.
The purple is a difficult to photograph but I promise it looks gorgeous!
I added 2 simple straps instead of the original single ‘tube like’ strap in the original design. I’m happy to have it finished and really want to make another, I just know I need to be prepared for the long haul =)