Cleaning up the dust and cobwebs off this little blog. Wish I had exciting news to justify my absence, I don’t. But, I’m back. Hi. After throwing myself several pity parties the last couple months I’m ready to get back to sharing my stories.
Even though I have not been active here…. I have been creeping countless other blogs, instagrams, and Facebooks. Oohing and aahing at their perfectly photographed lives. Lets be honest, the way we present ourselves on social media doesn’t always tell the whole story. There is so much pressure to have this put together life with the clean house, well dressed kids, slender figure, and trendy wardrobe… all to show off to complete strangers? Nah. No ones life is perfect, even if their Instagram says so.
I’ve decided to start the new year by keepin’ it real. So here is some real stuff about me:
- I wear my long hair up in a ponytail/bun almost every day. I would rather spend an hour on something more productive than on my hair.
- I don’t wear a lot of jewelry. Side effect of having been in the Military
- My favorite color is purple… dark eggplant-y purple.
- I suck at social situations that require talking to people, especially strangers.
- I hardly ever leave the house without my (tastefully) drawn in eyebrows.
- My self esteem is very much intact and untouchable by size 0 models.
- I am short in height. Very short. 5 foot nothing short.
- I talk to my dogs like they are people.
- Thai food is my favorite.
- I’m not a morning person.
- I love to make things with my hands.
- I am terrible at bowling
Me in a nutshell.
Now time to put my big girl pants back on and get to creating the life I want to live. My to do list is crazy long. Cant wait to show you what we have planned.
Remember Optimus the latest addition to our little family? He will be 7 months next week and growing like a weed.
This was our Christmas. Ivy is a scrooge, just like me. Optimus loves holidays.
His face has healed really well from his puppy auto immune disease. His scars are blending in more and more as he grows. As you can see, these two are inseparable.